Translate

Visa Debit Card Lost or Damaged Solution


If my card is lost or damaged, will there be a card replacement fee?

Yes. A card replacement fee is payable when a card is damaged, captured, lost or the PIN is forgotten.
If you are overseas when your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you can contact Visa Global Customer Assistance to request an emergency card. The cost for this service is $150.

When should I receive the replacement card and PIN number?

A replacement card and a new PIN number (if applicable) will be mailed to you separately within 7 - 10 business days.

My Visa debit card will expire at the end of this month. How do I renew my card?

You can continue to use your existing card until the last day of the month stated e.g. if the expiry date is 11/14 the card will expire on 30 November 2014. A renewal card will automatically be issued during the expiry month and your PIN number will remain the same.

If you do not receive your new card by the 21st of the month in which your card expires, please call us on 13 12 21.

Will my card be embedded with a chip to give me greater protection from fraud?

Since August 2009 all new, renewal and replacement Visa debit cards are being issued with chips in line with the global standards for card security.

Can I make internet, phone or mail order purchases using my Visa debit card?

Yes. Visa debit card gives you all the convenience of access to the worldwide Visa network, enabling you to make purchases online or over the phone, like booking tickets or paying a bill.

To make internet, phone or mail orders it is as simple as quoting your card number and expiry date in addition to the CVV number (this is the three digit code located on the back of your card to the right of the signature panel), if requested.